We hear regularly from people who don't always get around to reading their TidBITS issues right away (we're not offended, we have the same problem), so we wanted to remind anyone who missed last week's issue that our 50-percent-off sale on all Take Control ebooks and Macworld Superguides continues through the end of Tuesday, 3 August 2010. For more information, see "Take Control Sale: 50% Off to Celebrate Account Management" (26 July 2010).
How to Change a Bunch of Fetch Shortcut Passwords Quickly
Do you have a dozen - or more - Fetch shortcuts that all use the same password? Did that password just change? If you can manage a simple AppleScript, you can use this one to change all the passwords at once.
set password of shortcut "my shortcut" to "my new password"
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 1038.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Safari 5.0.1 Brings Bug Fixes, Safari Extensions Gallery
- Apple Spreads Magic to New Trackpad, Battery Charger
- A Rational Response to a Magic Trackpad Glitch
- Jailbreaking Made Legal by Librarian of Congress
- Apple Updates iMac, Mac Pro, and Cinema Display
- ScanSnap S1300 vs. Doxie: Two Portable Document Scanners
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 2 August 2010
- ExtraBITS for 2 August 2010
Take Control Sale Ends 3 August 2010
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>