We hear regularly from people who don't always get around to reading their TidBITS issues right away (we're not offended, we have the same problem), so we wanted to remind anyone who missed last week's issue that our 50-percent-off sale on all Take Control ebooks and Macworld Superguides continues through the end of Tuesday, 3 August 2010. For more information, see "Take Control Sale: 50% Off to Celebrate Account Management" (26 July 2010).
Open URLs Quickly from BBEdit
If you're working on a bit of text (HTML or otherwise) in BBEdit, and you see a URL that you'd like to open, the fastest way is to Command-click it. Most BBEdit users probably already know this tip, but if you don't, it's a huge time-saver. (The same trick works in BBEdit's free little brother, TextWrangler.)
Published in TidBITS 1038.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Safari 5.0.1 Brings Bug Fixes, Safari Extensions Gallery
- Apple Spreads Magic to New Trackpad, Battery Charger
- A Rational Response to a Magic Trackpad Glitch
- Jailbreaking Made Legal by Librarian of Congress
- Apple Updates iMac, Mac Pro, and Cinema Display
- ScanSnap S1300 vs. Doxie: Two Portable Document Scanners
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 2 August 2010
- ExtraBITS for 2 August 2010