We hear regularly from people who don't always get around to reading their TidBITS issues right away (we're not offended, we have the same problem), so we wanted to remind anyone who missed last week's issue that our 50-percent-off sale on all Take Control ebooks and Macworld Superguides continues through the end of Tuesday, 3 August 2010. For more information, see "Take Control Sale: 50% Off to Celebrate Account Management" (26 July 2010).
Using Expose within Spaces
To drag a file into an application that's running in another one of your Spaces, use Expose while in Spaces overview mode. First, press F8 to go into Spaces overview mode, then press F9 to Expose all application windows. Hover over the application window you want and wait a moment or press the Space bar, and both that space and that application come to the foreground, ready for you to drop the file.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 1038.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Safari 5.0.1 Brings Bug Fixes, Safari Extensions Gallery
- Apple Spreads Magic to New Trackpad, Battery Charger
- A Rational Response to a Magic Trackpad Glitch
- Jailbreaking Made Legal by Librarian of Congress
- Apple Updates iMac, Mac Pro, and Cinema Display
- ScanSnap S1300 vs. Doxie: Two Portable Document Scanners
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 2 August 2010
- ExtraBITS for 2 August 2010
Take Control Sale Ends 3 August 2010
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and