Congratulations to James Smith at aol.com, Dave Gerlits at gmail.com, Stephen Narron at earthlink.net, and Ernest Friar at aol.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Raskin 1.1, worth $49. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Raskin Software is offering a $20 discount on Raskin 1.1 to all TidBITS readers through 27 September 2010, dropping the price to only $29. To take advantage of the discount, order from Raskin Software's store. Thanks to the 408 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
How Loud Are Your Mac's Fans?
When they get hot, Macs turn on various internal fans to keep components cool. The noise can be annoying, but just how loud is it? If you have an iOS device with a built-in microphone, you can download one of many free sound meter apps (search on
decibel in the App Store) and see if you're subjecting your ears to a truly unreasonable noise level.
Published in TidBITS 1044.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iOS 4.1: Does it Work? Should You Install It?
- Apple Eases iOS Restrictions, Publishes Review Guidelines
- Look Your Best with an iPad Photo Portfolio
- The Data Rescue Center Sponsoring TidBITS
- What's Wrong with Digital Cameras
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 13 September 2010
- ExtraBITS for 13 September 2010