Congratulations to James Smith at aol.com, Dave Gerlits at gmail.com, Stephen Narron at earthlink.net, and Ernest Friar at aol.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Raskin 1.1, worth $49. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Raskin Software is offering a $20 discount on Raskin 1.1 to all TidBITS readers through 27 September 2010, dropping the price to only $29. To take advantage of the discount, order from Raskin Software's store. Thanks to the 408 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Beware Country-Specific iTunes Stores
If you buy an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and you happen to be a user of the iTunes Store in more than one country, take note which country's store you're viewing in iTunes when you plug in the device for the first time. This will be the country the device will register with, and you will be forever barred from purchasing or even updating free apps from anywhere else. The only way out is to delete everything on the device and do a full restore.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 1044.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iOS 4.1: Does it Work? Should You Install It?
- Apple Eases iOS Restrictions, Publishes Review Guidelines
- Look Your Best with an iPad Photo Portfolio
- The Data Rescue Center Sponsoring TidBITS
- What's Wrong with Digital Cameras
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 13 September 2010
- ExtraBITS for 13 September 2010