Congratulations to James Smith at aol.com, Dave Gerlits at gmail.com, Stephen Narron at earthlink.net, and Ernest Friar at aol.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Raskin 1.1, worth $49. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Raskin Software is offering a $20 discount on Raskin 1.1 to all TidBITS readers through 27 September 2010, dropping the price to only $29. To take advantage of the discount, order from Raskin Software's store. Thanks to the 408 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
How to Make an iPhone Screenshot
Want to take a screenshot of something on your iPhone or iPod touch? Press the Home button and Power button briefly at the same time, and an image of your screen will be saved to the Photos app (and will sync with iPhoto when you next connect). Don't hold the buttons too long or your device will either power down or reboot.
Published in TidBITS 1044.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iOS 4.1: Does it Work? Should You Install It?
- Apple Eases iOS Restrictions, Publishes Review Guidelines
- Look Your Best with an iPad Photo Portfolio
- The Data Rescue Center Sponsoring TidBITS
- What's Wrong with Digital Cameras
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 13 September 2010
- ExtraBITS for 13 September 2010
DealBITS Discount: Save $20 on Raskin 1.1
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and