Congratulations to Nelson Ayuyao at uic.edu and Alan Duchan at me.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Simon 3.0, worth $499. But don’t fret if you didn’t win, since Dejal is offering all TidBITS readers significant discounts (20 to 50 percent) on the different levels of Simon, along with other Dejal products, through 31 December 2010. To take advantage of the discount, order from Dejal’s store. Thanks to the 290 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
Avoid Simple Typos
If, like me, you find yourself typing 2911 in place of 2011 entirely too often, you can have Mac OS X (either Lion or Snow Leopard) fix such typos for you automatically. Just open the Language & Text pane of System Preferences, click the Text button at the top, and then add a text substitution by clicking the + button underneath the list. It won't work everywhere (for that you'll want a utility like Smile's TextExpander), but it should work in applications like Pages and TextEdit, and in Save dialog boxes.
Published in TidBITS 1053.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No TidBITS Issue on 22 November 2010
- First Office 2011 for Mac Update Fixes Crashers
- Two New Ebooks Explore Networking and Security
- Mac OS X 10.6.5 Continues to Squash Bugs
- Whole Disk Encryption, and Why Mac OS X 10.6.5 Broke PGP WDE
- Attack of the Zombie Input Managers
- Apple Battery Charger and the Secret of NiMH
- Palm Your iPad with a Hand-e-holder
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 15 November 2010
- ExtraBITS for 15 November 2010