Congratulations to Nelson Ayuyao at uic.edu and Alan Duchan at me.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Simon 3.0, worth $499. But don’t fret if you didn’t win, since Dejal is offering all TidBITS readers significant discounts (20 to 50 percent) on the different levels of Simon, along with other Dejal products, through 31 December 2010. To take advantage of the discount, order from Dejal’s store. Thanks to the 290 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 1053.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No TidBITS Issue on 22 November 2010
- First Office 2011 for Mac Update Fixes Crashers
- Two New Ebooks Explore Networking and Security
- Mac OS X 10.6.5 Continues to Squash Bugs
- Whole Disk Encryption, and Why Mac OS X 10.6.5 Broke PGP WDE
- Attack of the Zombie Input Managers
- Apple Battery Charger and the Secret of NiMH
- Palm Your iPad with a Hand-e-holder
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 15 November 2010
- ExtraBITS for 15 November 2010