Congratulations to Nelson Ayuyao at uic.edu and Alan Duchan at me.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Simon 3.0, worth $499. But don’t fret if you didn’t win, since Dejal is offering all TidBITS readers significant discounts (20 to 50 percent) on the different levels of Simon, along with other Dejal products, through 31 December 2010. To take advantage of the discount, order from Dejal’s store. Thanks to the 290 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
Arrange Icons on the iPhone/iPod touch Home Screens
Unhappy with the arrangement of your icons? You can move them around as follows: First, hold down on any Home screen icon until all the icons wiggle. Now, drag the icons to their desired locations (drag left or right to get to other screens). Finally, press the physical Home button on your device. (Unlike earlier releases, iPhone Software 2.1 doesn't move just-updated apps to the end of your Home screens, so your icons should be more stationary once you've installed the update.)
Remember that you can replace Apple's default icons in the four persistent spots at the bottom of the screen with your four most-used apps!
Published in TidBITS 1053.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No TidBITS Issue on 22 November 2010
- First Office 2011 for Mac Update Fixes Crashers
- Two New Ebooks Explore Networking and Security
- Mac OS X 10.6.5 Continues to Squash Bugs
- Whole Disk Encryption, and Why Mac OS X 10.6.5 Broke PGP WDE
- Attack of the Zombie Input Managers
- Apple Battery Charger and the Secret of NiMH
- Palm Your iPad with a Hand-e-holder
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 15 November 2010
- ExtraBITS for 15 November 2010