Congratulations to Nelson Ayuyao at uic.edu and Alan Duchan at me.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Simon 3.0, worth $499. But don’t fret if you didn’t win, since Dejal is offering all TidBITS readers significant discounts (20 to 50 percent) on the different levels of Simon, along with other Dejal products, through 31 December 2010. To take advantage of the discount, order from Dejal’s store. Thanks to the 290 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
Open Recent Office 2008 Docs by Date
Office 2008 applications like Word and Excel now list recently opened documents on a File > Open Recent submenu. Choose More from that menu, and you'll get a multifunction Project Gallery dialog. Click the Recent button at the top and then select a date range in the Dates list to find files that were last opened today, yesterday, earlier in the week, last week, and so forth. (The Settings pane in the Project Gallery dialog lets you set how many recently opened files show in the File > Open Recent submenu.)
Published in TidBITS 1053.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No TidBITS Issue on 22 November 2010
- First Office 2011 for Mac Update Fixes Crashers
- Two New Ebooks Explore Networking and Security
- Mac OS X 10.6.5 Continues to Squash Bugs
- Whole Disk Encryption, and Why Mac OS X 10.6.5 Broke PGP WDE
- Attack of the Zombie Input Managers
- Apple Battery Charger and the Secret of NiMH
- Palm Your iPad with a Hand-e-holder
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 15 November 2010
- ExtraBITS for 15 November 2010
DealBITS Discount: Save up to 50% on Simon 3.0
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and