Metrowerks Programming Kit and Promo -- If you've wanted to learn to program the Macintosh but didn't know where to start, Metrowerks has something to think about. "Discover Programming for the Macintosh" contains a complete working copy of CodeWarrior for 68K Macs plus the text of three books, Learn C on the Macintosh, Second Edition and Learn C++ on the Macintosh (both by long-time Mac programming author Dave Mark), plus Jim Trudeau's Programming Starter Kit, which I recommend as a solid introduction to Mac Toolbox programming with CodeWarrior. The books are on a CD-ROM in Adobe Acrobat format, along with four Apple Guides that work with CodeWarrior and Netscape Navigator. This product replaces Metrowerks' Programming Starter Kit, and is priced at $79. If you pick this bundle up at Macworld this week, you get paper copies of Learn C on the Macintosh and Tricks of the Mac Game Programming Gurus, plus a CodeWarrior t-shirt and a Metrowerks mouse pad. [GD]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Metrowerks Programming Kit and Promo
Convert double-sided documents to PDF with the one-button ScanSnap.
Scan documents, business cards, and receipts, and eliminate
paper piles from your desk. Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>