We're taking the next two weeks off, so don't look for TidBITS until the 08-Jan-96 issue. Happy holidays to you all, and may all your wishes come true. [ACE]
Turn Off Filename Extension Warning
In Leopard, Apple fixed an annoying aspect of working with the Finder in Tiger. Previously, if you changed a file's extension, the Finder prompted for confirmation. But since no one has ever accidentally changed a filename extension, Apple thankfully added an option to turn that warning off in the Leopard Finder's preferences. Choose Finder > Preferences, and in the Advanced screen, deselect Show Warning Before Changing an Extension.
Published in TidBITS 308.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PageMill Demo
- Gartner Tech Support Study Online
- Symantec Announces Java Tools
- Not All that Flickers is Gold
- More Secure Mac Web Servers
- It Takes Two to Tango
- PPP Comments & Updates
- Holiday Lights
- Shopping Online
- Retro Software: Everything Old Is New Again
- The Short Unhappy Life of Online in Europe
- Quicken 6 Follow-up
- 10th Annual SF Macworld Netter's Dinner