Gartner Tech Support Study Online -- Back in TidBITS-299, we reported on a study by the Gartner Group that found technical support costs for Macs lower than those for Windows machines. Although Apple quickly set up an 800 number for requesting copies of the study, international readers will be happy to know Apple has put a summary of the study on the Web. Apple has selectively emphasized some of the information, but the Web page does provide handy material for the eternal Mac versus Windows debate. Official reprints of the study are still available at 800/232-9335. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- Study Finds Macs Cheaper to Support (16 Oct 95)
Published in TidBITS 308.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PageMill Demo
- Symantec Announces Java Tools
- Not All that Flickers is Gold
- More Secure Mac Web Servers
- It Takes Two to Tango
- PPP Comments & Updates
- Holiday Lights
- Shopping Online
- Retro Software: Everything Old Is New Again
- The Short Unhappy Life of Online in Europe
- Quicken 6 Follow-up
- 10th Annual SF Macworld Netter's Dinner