Mozilla has released Firefox 3.6.14, a minor security and stability update to the open-source Web browser that’s approaching a major new version. Mozilla doesn’t say much about the changes, which were equally small in the previous few updates, but it’s worth updating if you use Firefox on a regular basis, just to make sure you have the latest code. And now, that means Firefox 3.6.15, which fixes a problem in 3.6.14 that prevented some Java applets from loading. (Free, 17.6 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Set Your Default Printer
If you print mostly to a single printer, make sure it's selected in the Print & Fax preference pane's Default Printer pop-up menu.