It’s never surprising when the folks at BusyMac are busy working on features for BusyCal. The company’s latest update is BusyCal 1.5.2, which shows outgoing meeting replies when you link outgoing invitations with Apple Mail. The update also works around a Google bug that caused sync conflicts, corrects the “Application needs to be reinstalled” error, improves MobileMe CalDAV syncing, and offers numerous other miscellaneous bug fixes. ($49 new, free update, 6.6 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software