Hot on the heels of iTunes 10.2, Apple has released iTunes 10.2.1. The update helps with syncing iOS devices running iOS 4.3. It also improves Home Sharing for iOS 4.3, which allows you to stream music from your iTunes collection on your Mac to your iOS devices. In addition, an issue where syncing photos to your iOS devices could take longer than expected is corrected. (Free, 75.61 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.