FileMaker has upgraded its human-friendly Mac database software Bento. New in version 4 is the capability to print mailing labels, inventory tags, name badges, and other labels from within the software. Other printing options make an appearance, too — you now get finer-grained printing controls, and new printer-friendly themes. Also new is the capability to export templates with data (so that you can share pre-populated databases with others), Location Data support (so that you can note the exact location where data is entered), and easy date searching. Full release notes are available at FileMaker’s Web site, and quick 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 releases squash a few bugs. ($49 new, $29 upgrade)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>