Screenshot sharers should shout in celebration, though they shouldn’t try saying that three times fast. Skitch has been bumped to version 1.0.4, and its most notable new feature is that it no longer requires that you create a skitch.com account in order to use the software. Other improvements include a simplified Welcome screen, and a fix for a crash affecting some 10.6.6 users. (Free, 6.5 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software