Red Sweater Software’s blogging tool MarsEdit has reached version 3.2, with several new features to show for it. A running word count now appears in the post status bar, WordPress tags are handled better, and malformed XML and “bad characters” no longer trip up the software. Performance for both the media browser and the autosave feature is improved, too. Numerous bugs are fixed, including issues with Convert Line Breaks, an issue with lost formatting for image attachments, and the reliability of Paste HTML Source. Several crashes have also been eliminated. ($39.95 new, free update, 6.2 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard