Version 22.214.171.1244 of the voice-over-IP application Skype restores a feature that had gone missing: highlighting the name of the current speaker in group calls. Also included in this release is the capability to select recently called numbers from the dial pad. Skype also says that several minor bugs are fixed, including a webcam detection issue. (Free, 20.2 MB)
- VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and Fusion 6.0.3 Professional
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.8
- DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
- OmniOutliner 4.0.5
- 1Password 4.3
- AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
- Paprika 2.0.3
- Security Update 2014-002 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)
- Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
- Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
better-looking. Edit your PDFs anywhere. Sign contracts, make
changes, fill forms, and more. All while you’re on the move.
Syncs via iCloud and Dropbox. <http://smle.us/tbpdfpen-ipad>
Fortunately didn't have any major bugs with that (apart from the usual resource hogging and rare sporadic freezes).
Thank god for TimeMachine.
1) Video was in a separate window, which would remember its position (at the top of the screen just under the camera - allowing nice conversation.) The new 'all in a massive window' system forces me to keep that monster front and center to get the same convenience (or keep moving it around all the time).
2) Video window used to 'track' Spaces. I could switch to another Space - refer to a webpage or email or etc. - during our conversation, and the video would follow. No longer.
3) The History was _so_ convenient! Grandma would ask 'When did you last talk to your brother?' and in one click I had the answer for her. Now I can't even access that information during her call.
4) Before, I could Chat (type) with one person, while talking with another (for typing 'Hang on, I'll call you back', etc.). I can't see how that can work now, in the new unified window. (Hope I'm wrong about that ...)
I'm going back to 2.8 right now ...