Version 18.104.22.1684 of the voice-over-IP application Skype restores a feature that had gone missing: highlighting the name of the current speaker in group calls. Also included in this release is the capability to select recently called numbers from the dial pad. Skype also says that several minor bugs are fixed, including a webcam detection issue. (Free, 20.2 MB)
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Improve Apple Services with AirPort Base Stations
You can make iChat file transfers, iDisk, and Back to My Mac work better by turning on a setting with Apple AirPort base stations released starting in 2003. Launch AirPort Utility, select your base station, click Manual Setup, choose the Internet view, and click the NAT tab. Check the Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP) box, and click Update. NAT-PMP lets your Mac OS X computer give Apple information to connect back into a network that's otherwise unreachable from the rest of the Internet. This speeds updates and makes connections work better for services run by Apple.
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>
Fortunately didn't have any major bugs with that (apart from the usual resource hogging and rare sporadic freezes).
Thank god for TimeMachine.
1) Video was in a separate window, which would remember its position (at the top of the screen just under the camera - allowing nice conversation.) The new 'all in a massive window' system forces me to keep that monster front and center to get the same convenience (or keep moving it around all the time).
2) Video window used to 'track' Spaces. I could switch to another Space - refer to a webpage or email or etc. - during our conversation, and the video would follow. No longer.
3) The History was _so_ convenient! Grandma would ask 'When did you last talk to your brother?' and in one click I had the answer for her. Now I can't even access that information during her call.
4) Before, I could Chat (type) with one person, while talking with another (for typing 'Hang on, I'll call you back', etc.). I can't see how that can work now, in the new unified window. (Hope I'm wrong about that ...)
I'm going back to 2.8 right now ...