Norton Disk Doctor 3.2.1 -- Symantec has released a patch for Norton Disk Doctor 3.2 to address an incompatibility with the Custom Partitioning feature in FWB's Hard Disk Toolkit. Apparently Norton Disk Doctor 3.2 will incorrectly diagnose problems on disks with certain custom partition sizes, then attempt to repair those problems. Only users of the Custom Partitioning feature in any version of Hard Disk ToolKit are affected; if you don't use that feature (or use a different disk formatting package from Apple or another vendor) you don't need this update. Please note that Symantec has apparently moved its Web server in the last few days; if the first URL doesn't work, try the one with the raw IP number. Symantec has posted the updater in MacBinary format. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.