Along with adding new card themes to iPhoto ’11, Apple’s recent iPhoto 9.1.2 update addresses a number of minor bugs, mostly related to the application’s interface. The zoom slider now works properly in Magnify (1-up) view, toolbars auto-hide in Full Screen view, the message size of email messages now updates correctly when changing the Photo Size menu, multiple book pages can now be drag-selected in All Pages view, design tools in print projects are now accessible via separate Layout and Options buttons, and the Tab key can now navigate through all the text fields in a book project. In addition, the update fixes minor formatting issues with book, card, and calendar themes, and preserves photo backgrounds when the book type is changed. Lastly, the search field now correctly performs an “includes” search when searching by text string, and a bug has been fixed that prevented some iPhoto 5 libraries from upgrading correctly. ($14.99 new, free update, 106.32 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.