The news site Ars Technica (owned by Condé Nast Digital) woke up Thursday morning to find their Facebook page locked after an unknown person complained to Facebook that some piece of Ars Technica content infringed on their rights. With no warning, explanation, or clear appeal process, and with only minimal communication after Ars staffers started to investigate, the Ars Technica Facebook page remained inaccessible the entire day. (It has now been restored, with a statement from Facebook apologizing weakly and justifying the action.) If this can happen to a major news outlet like Ars Technica, which can bring corporate resources to bear on resolving the situation, just imagine how much fun it would be for a small business. Moral of the story: Do not rely on Facebook for anything critical to your business. Facebook is not your friend. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Why Businesses Shouldn’t Friend Facebook