Adobe has released Photoshop Lightroom 3.4, a maintenance update that adds support for the raw image formats used by several recent cameras and incorporates a host of bug fixes. Cameras added to this update include the Canon EOS 600D (Rebel T3i/Kiss X5 Digital) and Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3/Kiss X50 Digital); Fuji FinePix S200 EXR, FinePix F550 EXR, FinePix HS20 EXR, and FinePix X100; Hasselblad H4D-40; Kodak EasyShare Z990; Nikon D5100; Olympus E-PL1s, E-PL2, and XZ-1; and the Samsung NX11. Bug fixes range from problems uploading to online photo-sharing sites to fixing a color cast on Nikon D7000 or Pentax K-5 images under certain circumstances. Adobe also released the free Camera Raw 6.4, which adds support for the same cameras for Adobe Creative Suite 5. ($299 new, free update for owners of Lightroom 3, $99 upgrade from earlier versions, 88.6 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard