ABSoft has released Neat Image 7.0, a new major release of its noise reduction software. This version is notable for the fact that it makes use of the GPU built into every Mac to increase the performance of its de-noising operations, making it, according to the company, the first such app on the market. In addition, the Pro edition now supports 32 bits per channel, which is ideal for HDR photography. Neat Image comes as a standalone app or as a plug-in for Photoshop or Aperture, in both Home and Pro editions; the latter offers more advanced features and can manipulate pictures with more bits per pixel. ($39.90–$79.90 new, free upgrade from v6, 10 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Neat Image 7.0
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>