Flying Meat Software has released version 3.0 of Acorn, its increasingly powerful graphics editing app for Mac OS X. The new release brings a smorgasbord of new features, including layer styles, live gradients, instant alpha, a variety of new filters, and compatibility with Photoshop’s PSD file format. The 3.0 release was followed in short order by a minor bump to Acorn 3.0.1, which comes with over thirty bug fixes and corrections. ($49.99 new from Flying Meat’s online store or from the Mac App Store, $19.99 upgrade, 14.8 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard