Canadian developer Ian Page has released a maintenance update to his popular Apple hardware reference app Mactracker. Version 6.0.1 includes details for the white iPhone 4 (see “White iPhone 4 Finally Arrives,” 27 April 2011) and the recently released iMacs (see “New iMac Gains Thunderbolt, FaceTime HD, and Quad-Core CPUs,” 3 May 2011). In addition, the release adds the capability to create personalized records of models you own directly from their entries in the app’s database, the capability to import lists created by Apple Remote Desktop, and several other minor additions and fixes. (Free from Ian Page’s Web site or from the Mac App Store, 27.7 MB)
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
- New iMac Gains Thunderbolt, FaceTime HD, and Quad-Core CPUs (03 May 11)
- White iPhone 4 Finally Arrives (27 Apr 11)