Freron Software has released MailMate 1.2, the company’s IMAP-only email client for Mac OS X. The new release features a new look and functionality for managing attachments, as well as an improved capability to handle HTML content in messages. Several user interface tweaks, particularly around contextual menus, have also been introduced; finally, the app adds the ability — currently marked as experimental — to compose messages using John Gruber’s popular Markdown format. ($39.95 new, free update, 3.0 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree