Mark Allan has released version 2.2 of the malware-protection ClamXav app based on the open source ClamAV antivirus engine. According to the release notes, ClamXav 2.2 introduces support for OS X Lion and fixes miscellaneous unspecified bugs. The underlying ClamAV virus-detection engine has also been upgraded to version 0.97.1, and the author has added a direct link to the software’s online documentation, along with adding Command-click on Ignore Warning as a better way to dismiss multiple warnings. ClamXav is free, though donations are requested. (Free, 13 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>