Netflix has announced that they are splitting their DVD and streaming subscription plans, so the previous $9.99 per month plan for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs (one out at a time) will now become two separate plans, a $7.99 unlimited streaming plan and a $7.99 DVD-only plan (again, one out at a time). So, to retain the previous service level, the price goes from $9.99 to $15.98. The change will happen for existing members on or after 1 September 2011; it goes into place for new members immediately. It seems likely that the price increase is due to increased licensing costs from the studios, but if so, Netflix is doing a poor job of educating customers as to what the real costs are. Netflix customers are largely irate at the change, especially given the weasel words in the blog post and the erratic choice for streamed movies. follow link
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Netflix Separates DVD and Streaming Plans, Raising Prices
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article: