Billions of Happy Astronomers -- Famed astronomer and Cornell University professor Carl Sagan has reached an amicable settlement with Apple Computer in their argument over Apple's internal use of Sagan's name as a codename for a new computer model. When Sagan objected to the use of his name, the codename was changed to "BHA," which reportedly stood for "Butt Head Astronomer." Sagan's lawyers filed suit for defamation of character, but a judge threw out the case and Sagan appealed. The new settlement appeases both sides. [MHA]
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 304.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PowerPC Platform Specification Announced
- Now Utilities 5.0.2 for PCI Macs
- Energy Saver and 1710AV Monitors
- Apple Announces Three Language Kits
- Java Support Planned for CodeWarrior
- Yet Another 7.5.2 Printing Update
- Apple Confirms Problems with 7200/90 Ethernet
- Web Weaver Goes Commercial
- Digital Camera Details
- InterviewBITS with Peter Lewis, Part 1