Billions of Happy Astronomers -- Famed astronomer and Cornell University professor Carl Sagan has reached an amicable settlement with Apple Computer in their argument over Apple's internal use of Sagan's name as a codename for a new computer model. When Sagan objected to the use of his name, the codename was changed to "BHA," which reportedly stood for "Butt Head Astronomer." Sagan's lawyers filed suit for defamation of character, but a judge threw out the case and Sagan appealed. The new settlement appeases both sides. [MHA]
Create Multiple Inspectors in iWork
Tired of flipping between panes in the Inspector in Keynote, Pages, and Numbers? You can open multiple copies of the Inspector window with View > New Inspector, but even better, you can Option-click one of the icons at the top of the Inspector window to open that pane in a new Inspector.
Published in TidBITS 304.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PowerPC Platform Specification Announced
- Now Utilities 5.0.2 for PCI Macs
- Energy Saver and 1710AV Monitors
- Apple Announces Three Language Kits
- Java Support Planned for CodeWarrior
- Yet Another 7.5.2 Printing Update
- Apple Confirms Problems with 7200/90 Ethernet
- Web Weaver Goes Commercial
- Digital Camera Details
- InterviewBITS with Peter Lewis, Part 1