Sparrow has updated its minimalist email client for Mac OS X to Sparrow 1.3.1. The minor release focuses on a critical bug that was affecting version 1.3, which, as the company mentions in a blog post, introduced a number of more-significant changes, including full compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, improved access to labels and folders via the sidebar, and an integrated “send and archive” feature. In addition, the Sparrow team has rewritten all of the app’s animations, making its user interface smoother and more interactive. ($9.99 new from Sparrow or from Mac App Store, free update, 14.8 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard