The Cyberduck team has released version 4.1 of the free file-transfer utility for Mac OS X. Cyberduck 4.1 adds support for navigation using trackpad gestures, allows users to upload arbitrary files to Google Docs, and introduces several improvements to its interface with Amazon’s S3 and CloudFront services, particularly in relation to storing data in different data centers and better managing log files. Rounding out the release are numerous bug fixes that correct issues ranging from managing the timestamps of uploaded files to ensuring that only trashed files are deleted in Google Docs. (Free, 22.9 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.