Cultured Code has released Things 1.5.0, a minor update to its task organization app that improves its compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Since version 1.4.5, released in March 2011, the app has received a number of bug fixes that affect everything from crashes to more subtle issues related to syncing with the Things’s iOS counterparts, working in the background and various user interface elements. In addition, Cultured Code has added support for executing AppleScripts directly from within the software. ($49.99 new from Cultured Code or the Mac App Store, free update, 8.0 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.