New from Shirt Pocket is SuperDuper 2.6.4, an update to the popular drive-cloning and backup software. Version 2.6.4 is primarily a maintenance release that concerns itself with improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and introduces a number of bug fixes. These include an issue that was causing copying operations on highly active files to fail and an incompatibility between the app’s AppleScript dictionary with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. SuperDuper now also prevents copy destinations from being ejected during a copy operation. (Free for basic functionality, $27.95 for additional features, free update, 2.9 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Experience the awesome speed and comfort that only a high-
performance Das Keyboard can provide. Your fingers will love it!
Designed for Mac. Money-back guarantee. <http://tid.bl.it/YnnFwD>