Now Utilities 5.0.2 for PCI Macs -- Earlier this month, Now Software finally released Now Utilities 5.0.2 for System 7.5.2 and Apple's new set of PCI Macs. Though the updates have been available on commercial online services since last week, they're now available on Now's FTP site as well. The updates address problems with Now Menus, Super Boomerang, Now Startup Manager, and Now QuickFiler, and contain an updated version of Now Toolbox. The updater only works on Now Utilities 5.0.1, but there's also an updater available that will take version 5.0 of Now Utilities to version 5.0.1. You must re-enter your serial number when you update, so have that handy before installing. [GD]
Beware Country-Specific iTunes Stores
If you buy an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and you happen to be a user of the iTunes Store in more than one country, take note which country's store you're viewing in iTunes when you plug in the device for the first time. This will be the country the device will register with, and you will be forever barred from purchasing or even updating free apps from anywhere else. The only way out is to delete everything on the device and do a full restore.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 304.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PowerPC Platform Specification Announced
- Billions of Happy Astronomers
- Energy Saver and 1710AV Monitors
- Apple Announces Three Language Kits
- Java Support Planned for CodeWarrior
- Yet Another 7.5.2 Printing Update
- Apple Confirms Problems with 7200/90 Ethernet
- Web Weaver Goes Commercial
- Digital Camera Details
- InterviewBITS with Peter Lewis, Part 1