Now Utilities 5.0.2 for PCI Macs -- Earlier this month, Now Software finally released Now Utilities 5.0.2 for System 7.5.2 and Apple's new set of PCI Macs. Though the updates have been available on commercial online services since last week, they're now available on Now's FTP site as well. The updates address problems with Now Menus, Super Boomerang, Now Startup Manager, and Now QuickFiler, and contain an updated version of Now Toolbox. The updater only works on Now Utilities 5.0.1, but there's also an updater available that will take version 5.0 of Now Utilities to version 5.0.1. You must re-enter your serial number when you update, so have that handy before installing. [GD]
Find Your Mac's Serial Number
Want to check your Mac's serial number quickly and easily? Select About This Mac from the Apple menu, and click on the text directly below "Mac OS X" that reads "Version 10.x.x." Click once and you'll get a build number which is more specific information about the software. Click twice, and you'll get your Mac's serial number.
Visit MacTipster Blog
Published in TidBITS 304.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PowerPC Platform Specification Announced
- Billions of Happy Astronomers
- Energy Saver and 1710AV Monitors
- Apple Announces Three Language Kits
- Java Support Planned for CodeWarrior
- Yet Another 7.5.2 Printing Update
- Apple Confirms Problems with 7200/90 Ethernet
- Web Weaver Goes Commercial
- Digital Camera Details
- InterviewBITS with Peter Lewis, Part 1