Apple Announces Three Language Kits -- Apple has announced Claris will be marketing Arabic, Cyrillic, and Hebrew Language Kits for System 7.1 or higher. The kits should be available by the end of November with an estimated price around $100, and each kit includes a selection of fonts and keyboard layouts as well as the language software itself. Apple claims the Cyrillic kit can be used with almost any MacOS application, but the Arabic and Hebrew kits require localized and/or WorldScript-savvy applications that support right-to-left text entry. The kits require 4 MB of RAM and a 68020 processor or better and come with Power Mac native versions (which require at least 8 MB of RAM). [GD]
Using Expose within Spaces
To drag a file into an application that's running in another one of your Spaces, use Expose while in Spaces overview mode. First, press F8 to go into Spaces overview mode, then press F9 to Expose all application windows. Hover over the application window you want and wait a moment or press the Space bar, and both that space and that application come to the foreground, ready for you to drop the file.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 304.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PowerPC Platform Specification Announced
- Billions of Happy Astronomers
- Now Utilities 5.0.2 for PCI Macs
- Energy Saver and 1710AV Monitors
- Java Support Planned for CodeWarrior
- Yet Another 7.5.2 Printing Update
- Apple Confirms Problems with 7200/90 Ethernet
- Web Weaver Goes Commercial
- Digital Camera Details
- InterviewBITS with Peter Lewis, Part 1