Apple Announces Three Language Kits -- Apple has announced Claris will be marketing Arabic, Cyrillic, and Hebrew Language Kits for System 7.1 or higher. The kits should be available by the end of November with an estimated price around $100, and each kit includes a selection of fonts and keyboard layouts as well as the language software itself. Apple claims the Cyrillic kit can be used with almost any MacOS application, but the Arabic and Hebrew kits require localized and/or WorldScript-savvy applications that support right-to-left text entry. The kits require 4 MB of RAM and a 68020 processor or better and come with Power Mac native versions (which require at least 8 MB of RAM). [GD]
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Published in TidBITS 304.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PowerPC Platform Specification Announced
- Billions of Happy Astronomers
- Now Utilities 5.0.2 for PCI Macs
- Energy Saver and 1710AV Monitors
- Java Support Planned for CodeWarrior
- Yet Another 7.5.2 Printing Update
- Apple Confirms Problems with 7200/90 Ethernet
- Web Weaver Goes Commercial
- Digital Camera Details
- InterviewBITS with Peter Lewis, Part 1