Mark Allan has released ClamXav 2.2.1, a minor update to the free virus-checking software. The most significant change in this release is the correction of several scheduling bugs that were affecting Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger users. According to Allan, this is also the last update for Tiger users, who are now advised to turn off automatic updates, although they will continue to receive new virus definitions. ClamXav 2.2.1 — though not the version available from the Mac App Store — now also launches its Sentry background virus checker immediately when the user asks it to do so in the settings panel. (Free from Allan’s Web site or from the Mac App Store, 13 MB)
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to William Jordan IV, David Embleton, Tom Herlihy, and
Jim Wynn for their generous support!
The vers of ClamXav in the app store is Lite. To get into the store (comply with Apple's machinations), Mark had to cripple the product by removing functionality - like Sentry! People that get it from the store really should go get the full app from Mark's site.