Java Support Planned for CodeWarrior -- Metrowerks has announced plans to ship a suite of Java development tools for the Macintosh. The Java tools will be developed in conjunction with Sun Microsystems (creators of Java), and Metrowerks expects to have an initial release by mid-1996. Though Java applets (in theory) will run on any platform with Java support, being able to develop Java applets on the Macintosh is a plus since so much multimedia and Internet development currently takes place on the Mac. [GD]
Expand Finder Columns Quickly
Column view in the Finder is great for navigating through your disk's hierarchy, but the columns often aren't wide enough to show the full names of all the files. To expand a column to a width that will show all file names in their entirety, double-click the handle that you would normally drag to expand or shrink the column. To expand all the visible columns to that width, Option-double-click the handle.
Published in TidBITS 304.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PowerPC Platform Specification Announced
- Billions of Happy Astronomers
- Now Utilities 5.0.2 for PCI Macs
- Energy Saver and 1710AV Monitors
- Apple Announces Three Language Kits
- Yet Another 7.5.2 Printing Update
- Apple Confirms Problems with 7200/90 Ethernet
- Web Weaver Goes Commercial
- Digital Camera Details
- InterviewBITS with Peter Lewis, Part 1