Although Lemkesoft’s GraphicConverter X 7.3.1 received a only minor version bump, the update comes with a large number of enhancements, including new options for manipulating images and previews, improved drawing functions, and the capability to display GPS location data embedded in image files. Support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion has also been improved with the reintroduction of support for the operating system’s full-screen mode. Several smaller bug fixes and feature tweaks round out the update. ($39.95 new from Lemkesoft or from the Mac App Store, free update, 100 MB, release notes)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
GraphicConverter X 7.3.1
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Robin Briggs, JOHN F GREANEY, Mike Millard, and
David Bailin for their generous support!