The latest update to Ergonis’s typing expansion utility, Typinator 4.5, boasts more than 50 enhancements. Most are relatively small tweaks, such as expansions being inserted in upper case if the Caps Lock key is active, but some are more significant, such the capability to import auto-correct lists from Microsoft Office and support for abbreviations when working in right-to-left languages like Arabic and Hebrew. The update, which is compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, also fixes small conflicts with Safari, BBEdit, Sparrow, Google Earth, TweetDeck, Coda, and more. (€19.99 new, free update, 3.9 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software