For those wanting to add page numbers to existing PDFs, Smile has released new versions of PDFpen and PDFpenPro, their PDF manipulation software. Version 5.5 adds the capability to put page numbers in either the header or the footer of the page, and the page numbers can start on any page. Visually, page numbers can be aligned left, right, or center, or even inside or outside for facing pages, and they can be formatted as Roman numerals, letters, or Bates Numbering. Also new in this update is initial support for full-screen mode in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, along with some unspecified bug fixes. ($59.95/$99.95 new, free update, 41.5 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 5.5
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
better-looking. Edit your PDFs anywhere. Sign contracts, make
changes, fill forms, and more. All while you’re on the move.
Syncs via iCloud and Dropbox. <http://smle.us/tbpdfpen-ipad>