After Joe Kissell’s detailed look at the myriad changes in Nisus Writer Pro 2.0 in “Nisus Writer Pro 2.0: The Review” (8 June 2011), it shouldn’t be surprising that Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.1 would have plenty of fixes for issues related to the many major new features. That update is now available, and the release notes do indeed make for lengthy reading. Notable fixes for problems Joe discussed include improved importers for Word documents, working intra-document hyperlinks in EPUBs, a resolution for drag-and-drop of rulers inserting the character “a” erroneously, and proper display of adjacent paragraphs with similar shading but different padding amounts. Not surprisingly, there are also changes for compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, including support for Lion’s full-screen mode. Other notable improvements include better compatibility with Bookends and MathType, working image insertion via the “Link to a file on disk” option, a Compare Duplicate Text macro, and sharper tag icons, among much else. It’s also worth noting that Nisus released Nisus Writer Pro 1.4.2 for users of the previous version to provide Lion compatibility, improved Word importers, and other general fixes. ($79 new, $49 upgrade from 1.x, free update, 165 MB)
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 5 September 2011 (05 Sep 11)
- Nisus Writer Pro 2.0: The Review (08 Jun 11)