Nisus Software has released Nisus Writer Express 3.4, a major upgrade to its “light” (compared to Nisus Writer Pro) word processor for Mac OS X. The new version of the software includes literally hundreds of improvements and bug fixes, anchored by support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion’s new full-screen mode. Highlights include better handling of images, a large number of new preferences and settings, new text editing and analysis features, and many improved user interface components. Other areas of improvement include file format handling, styles, spelling and autocorrection, image manipulation, lists, tables, find and replace, footnotes and endnotes, and a large number of performance improvements and bug fixes. ($45 new, free update, 50 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.