Congratulations to Todd Henion of gmail.com, whose entry was chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a Tom Bihn Cadet laptop bag, worth $170. Thanks to the 992 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 1103.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No TidBITS Issue on 21 November 2011
- iTunes 10.5.1 Unveils iTunes Match
- Firmware Update for Apple’s 802.11n Base Stations
- iOS 5.0.1 Aims to Address Battery Issues
- Apple Store App 2.0 Introduces EasyPay, In-Store Pickup
- Adobe Halts Development on Mobile Flash
- Lion Struggles but Finally Submits to Install
- Square Provides Easy Alternative to Cash and Checks
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 14 November 2011