Congratulations to Todd Henion of gmail.com, whose entry was chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a Tom Bihn Cadet laptop bag, worth $170. Thanks to the 992 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
Access OpenType Font Features
OpenType fonts (.otf) often have special features, such as swashes and alternate characters, that are accessible in any app that uses the OS X font panel, including Pages and TextEdit. To access them, type and select your text, press Command-T to open the font panel, and then choose Typography from the Actions pop-up menu. That shows the Typography panel, where you can toggle available options for the font and characters you've selected.
Published in TidBITS 1103.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No TidBITS Issue on 21 November 2011
- iTunes 10.5.1 Unveils iTunes Match
- Firmware Update for Apple’s 802.11n Base Stations
- iOS 5.0.1 Aims to Address Battery Issues
- Apple Store App 2.0 Introduces EasyPay, In-Store Pickup
- Adobe Halts Development on Mobile Flash
- Lion Struggles but Finally Submits to Install
- Square Provides Easy Alternative to Cash and Checks
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 14 November 2011