Congratulations to Todd Henion of gmail.com, whose entry was chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a Tom Bihn Cadet laptop bag, worth $170. Thanks to the 992 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
Spin Through Toolbar View Options
Although many people never change their toolbars from the default settings, all standard toolbars on the Mac offer six states: icon only, text only, and icon and text, with all three coming in normal and small size. You can change them by choosing View > Customize Toolbar.
But there's a shortcut that makes it easier to check out each variant. Simply Command-click the toolbar lozenge at the upper right of a window, and the toolbar switches to the next view. Click it enough times, and you cycle back to the start.
Published in TidBITS 1103.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No TidBITS Issue on 21 November 2011
- iTunes 10.5.1 Unveils iTunes Match
- Firmware Update for Apple’s 802.11n Base Stations
- iOS 5.0.1 Aims to Address Battery Issues
- Apple Store App 2.0 Introduces EasyPay, In-Store Pickup
- Adobe Halts Development on Mobile Flash
- Lion Struggles but Finally Submits to Install
- Square Provides Easy Alternative to Cash and Checks
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 14 November 2011
DealBITS Winner: Tom Bihn Cadet
Scan contracts, invoices, or receipts as PDFs with your iOS device.
Use OCR to make that scanned image into a searchable PDF with text
you can copy! Get it on the App Store: <http://smle.us/tbscanplus>