Postbox has released version 3 of its eponymous email client, adding numerous Gmail, social networking, and integration features. The Thunderbird-based Postbox 3 contains a large number of new features, such as support for Gmail labels, a new send-and-archive function, support for Gmail keyboard shortcuts, and the capability to detect dates automatically and convert them to Google Calendar events. Postbox has also gained several social networking capabilities, such as displaying profile photos from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Gravatar, and posting to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. A new favorites bar provides fast access to preferred accounts and folders, and better integration with external apps and services like Evernote, Dropbox, iCal, and Growl increases productivity. Finally, Postbox can now create canned responses based on custom templates, and it boasts better overall integration with Mac OS X, including support for gestures and the new full-screen mode in Lion. ($29.95 new, free for users who purchased after 15 August 2011, $9.95 upgrade, 21.4 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>