Several weeks ago, Apple released the MacBook Pro Video Update 1.0 to address problems that could cause the 15-inch MacBook Pro (Mid 2010) to freeze or stop displaying video (see “Apple Releases Multiple Hardware-Related Updates,” 27 October 2011). Oddly, that update was available only for people running Mac OS X 10.7.2 Lion, and those running 10.6 Snow Leopard were referred to a support article suggesting that hardware service might be necessary. Now Apple has released the same MacBook Pro Video Update 1.0 for Snow Leopard users; presumably Software Update will do the right thing in providing it to Macs that need it. (Free, 51.45 MB)
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Apple Releases Multiple Hardware-Related Updates (27 Oct 11)