Nisus Software has released Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.2 and Nisus Writer Express 3.4.1, updates to the company’s word processors. Both feature a similar set of improvements, including a Brazilian Portuguese localization and the capability (in Nisus Writer Pro) to change the active TOC style in the table of contents navigator pane. More of the effort was focused on bug fixes; along with elimination of crashes and a number of tweaky changes, Nisus Writer Express users using Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger can now import Microsoft Word documents, while the WordPerfect import facilities in Nisus Writer Pro have been improved. (Free updates; for Nisus Writer Pro: 146 MB, release notes; for Nisus Writer Express: 42 MB, release notes)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software