Those who work with large Keynote presentations will want to pick up the just-released Keynote 5.1.1, since Apple claims it addresses issues when working with large presentations in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (the update applies to Keynote running under 10.6 Snow Leopard as well). Apple also claims “improvements in stability and accessibility.” ($19.99 new in the Mac App Store, free update via Software Update or the Mac App Store, 29.94 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Convert double-sided documents to PDF with the one-button ScanSnap.
Scan documents, business cards, and receipts, and eliminate
paper piles from your desk. Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>