Curious about how we came up with the idea for our new membership program, and why we designed it the way we did? This is inside baseball, of course, but if you like peeking behind the curtain, you’ll enjoy hearing Adam Engst and Glenn Fleishman discuss the hows and whys with MacVoices host Chuck Joiner. And yes, there is stuff in here that we haven’t said elsewhere. follow link
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
TidBITS Membership Program Discussed on MacVoices