Mac and iOS developers are some of the nicest people around, and this year’s example of that is how Mike Piatek-Jimenez of Gaucho Software has organized numerous other developers to donate their entire sales for a single day — 20 December 2011 — to charity: water, a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. So, if you’ve been thinking about buying any of the apps participating in Apps for Water (many of which are discounted, too), why not do it on 20 December 2011 as a way of helping the hundreds of millions of people around the world for whom clean drinking water isn’t a given? Kudos to Mike and the other developers participating in this promotion!
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software