Bare Bones Software has released Yojimbo 3.0.3, a maintenance update to its information organization tool. This release fixes a bug where deleting a tag would cause subsequent tags to be limited to one character, as well as a problem with the Sidekick preference pane when running in Mac OS X 10.5. It also fixes bugs related to synchronizing and pairing with the Yojimbo iPad app, including failure to sync changes to Note items and excessive growth in the .DeviceSyncEvents.queue file size if pairing had been dropped (or was nonexistent) between the desktop software and the iPad app. To support these fixes, Yojimbo for iPad 1.0.4 has also been released. ($38.99 new, free update, 7.2 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software