While small in terms of numeric progression, Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.1 from Rogue Amoeba adds some welcome new features. The latest release of this audio recording program includes the latest version of the Instant On component (5.0), which can now capture audio from sandboxed applications purchased from the Mac App Store. The Multi-Process mode, previously used in conjunction when pulling audio from several Web browsers, is now used for additional applications to improve audio capture. Finally, audio pulled from input devices can now be configured in Audio MIDI Setup instead of always using channels 1 and 2. ($32 new, free update, 5.2 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.