Apple has released a quartet of firmware updates for models released in 2011: iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.9, Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.6, MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.4, and MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.7. Each update improves reliability when booting from the network, addresses issues with HDCP authentication after rebooting, and fixes a problem with boot device selection when a USB storage device is hot-plugged. As with any firmware update, you should read the installation instructions carefully before installing and avoid interrupting the update process. To ensure you get an update only if it’s necessary, we recommend relying on Software Update; if an update doesn’t appear for you, it’s not appropriate for your Mac. (Free, each approximately 4 MB)
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 27 February 2012 (27 Feb 12)
- Fixing Find My Mac (27 Feb 12)
Firmware Updates for iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro
scanning solutions for companies of any size. Make your life more
productive, mobile, paperless, and efficient with a ScanSnap
scanner. To learn more, visit: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>