A Cure For Netscape Freezes? Frustrated that Netscape Navigator kept freezing on his Quadra 605, Scott Sykes <email@example.com> rolled up his sleeves and tried to figure out what the problem might be. The result is Netscape Defrost, a simple system extension that patches a Mac Toolbox call designed to return information about the machine's physical location on the globe. (You can access and set this information through the Map control panel.) Essentially, Netscape Defrost checks this data once, then passes that cached information back to any application that might be looking for it. Though I can't personally vouch for it, Scott certainly has a number of satisfied customers. Netscape Defrost is donation-ware and is designed to work with all versions of Netscape. [GD]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
A Cure For Netscape Freezes?
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and