Lemkesoft has released GraphicConverter 7.6.2, an update to the well-regarded graphics software that adds a number of new features. The new version’s additions include an unexplained Equalizer, support for IptcCore contact data, a shortcut for the Xe847 filter, font preview in the font popup, an indicator for display of images with unapplied XMP changes (used by Adobe Lightroom), and trackpad zooming during a slideshow. The update also fixes a possible bug with the Clipboard on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, a crash during export of a slideshow as a movie, and many smaller bugs. ($39.95 new from Lemkesoft or from the Mac App Store, free update, 124 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software