Copland in 1997? In an interview in the 16-Oct-95 issue of MacWEEK, Vito Salvaggio, the product manager for Copland, indicated Apple can no longer commit to a 1996 release for the next major version of the Mac OS. Despite public statements from Apple officials that Copland was as little as two days behind schedule, rumors of schedule problems have circulated for the last few months and many saw Apple's move to port System 7.5 to the Common Hardware Reference Platform (CHRP) by mid-1996 as a sign that Copland may not be ready on time. (The CHRP standard, developed jointly with IBM, should allow machines to run the Mac OS, OS/2, AIX, or Windows NT; the first systems should be available from other vendors by mid-1996.) If you're upset, remember Apple originally claimed it was absolutely committed to shipping Copland in 1995. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.